Makes 2 litres or 8 servings.
The soup can be served as a meal or instead of a salad with meals. It can be pureed if you require a smooth vegetable soup. Alternatively, more water can be added if you want a thinner soup. Store the soup in the fridge and simply reheat it in the microwave when needed.
This soup recipe originate from the Fit & Fabulous 21 day diet- and exerciseplan. Click here to get yours: https://www.lindakrielfitness.co.za/product/fit-fabulous-plan/
This soup and more recipes are also available on my App, click here: https://lindakriel.co.za/app-2-2/
This soup is ideal for the Low GI dietplan. If you are doing the Banting dietplan leave out the soup mix and the soup powder and rather season with herbs, salt, pepper and homemade stock.
- 5ml (1t) oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped finely or grated
- 1 medium, red pepper, chopped finely or grated
- 1 medium, green pepper, chopped finely or grated
- 2 gloves of garlic, chopped finely or 5ml (1t) dried garlic flakes
- ¼ cabbage, shredded or grated
- 1 x 400g can tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) boiling water
- 5ml (1t) dried herbs e.g. sweet basil
- 125ml (1/2 cups) Soup mix and 10ml vegetable stock powder
- or 50g packet onion soup powder
- Heat the oil in a saucepan
- Fry the onion, green & red pepper and garlic in the oil until soft
- Add the cabbage and stir until well mixed
- Add the tomatoes and 1.25 (5 cups) boiling water
- Mix the remaining boiling water with the soup mix or onion soup powder and add to the soup, together with the dried herbs
- Cover and boil for 30 minutes (if soup powder is used) or at least 60 minutes (if soup mx is used)
Visit my website for more free recipes : https://www.lindakrielfitness.co.za