Pizza with cauli-base
This cauliflower pizza crust is low carb and delicious, you won’t believe it is a cauli crust. The secret is to make sure the cauliflower is well drained. I not the crust will flake and a pizza needs to be firm handle! Get your hands dirty with this healthy, easy and tasty pizza!
This pizza recipe may be used on any of our 3 eatings plans (keto / banting, or low GI low fat, or Mediterranean eating plan).
If you’re a pizza lover, you may replace the pizza and with any of the dinners once a week. Only eat 1 portion (¼ of the pizza) with salad.
Please note: If you follow the low GI low fat eating plan, substitute the bacon with ham/tuna/chicken and the Mozzarella cheese with low fat cheddar. If you follow the Mediterranean diet, substitute the bacon with chicken or tuna.
250g mozzarella cheese
5ml oregano and parsley
30ml sugarfree tomato sauce
150g bacon, fried and chopped
150g mushrooms, chopped and cooked
30g feta cheese, flaked
125g extra mozzarella, grated
- Preheat the oven to 230°C (446°F)
- Grease a tart dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix the cauli-rice, egg and mozzarella. Press the mixture onto the tart dish base. Dust with oreganum and parsley. Bake for 15 minutes. Let the base cool down. Add the crust to a greased baking tray.
- Brush the tomato sauce on and top with bacon and mushrooms. Add the feta and the extra mozzarella.
- Grill in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Get my Banting – and Low GI Meal plan on my App,
click here: https://lindakriel.co.za/app-2-2/
Love being active? Then you’ll love our exercise tights. Once in a while we need to look and feel more special for extra motivation!
To take a look, here’s the link: LKFitness Tights