Ratatouille is a traditional dish from the kitchens of Provence, France(part of the Mediterranean). It’s a simple stew of glorious vegetables—zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers. This easy ratatouille recipe makes it a satisfying one pan breakfast for any day of the week.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 baby marrows, sliced in rings
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 red pepper
- salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and fry until done, add the garlic.
- Add the baby marrows. When the baby marrows are done add the tomatoes, pepper, thyme, paprika and simmer for about 20 minutes until it thickens like a stew.
- Serve the ratatouille at room temperature with an egg.
- Prepare the egg the way you prefer.
- Divide the ratatouille in two. Eat on a slice of bread with the egg on top. (sourdough, rye bread, Low GI, seed, or health bread)
- Serves 2.
Click here to read more or buy the Mediterranean diet: https://www.lindakrielfitness.co.za/product/e-book/
Stay healthy and fit!