Low GI summer salad
This is a delicious salad to enjoy during summer. Use the recipe with my Low GI carbohydrate meal plan. Click here to purchase the App.
- 2 medium raw beetroots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 25g parsley, chopped
- 500g carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 sweet apples, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Hellman’s Lite mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Place the beetroot and parsley in a bowl.
- Squeeze all the excess juice from the grated carrots and apples by hand and place in a separate bowl (add lemon juice to avoid browning).
- (Salad dressing): Mix the mayonnaise, mustard and apple cider vinegar and season salt and pepper to taste.
- Prior to serving, pour the salad dressing over the carrot and apple mixture.
- Mix the carrot to the beetroot.
- Serve the salad with other dishes as a side.
Enjoy your meal!