Low GI – Moroccan Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash
Ingredients – 4 persons
- 1kg sweet patato, cubed
- 2 tsp mix of ground cinnamon and cumin
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp clear honey
- juice ½ lemon
- handful green olives, pitted or whole
- 20g pack coriander, leaves chopped
- Boil the sweet potatoes in salted water for 15 mins or until tender. Mix the cinnamon and cumin with seasoning, then sprinkle all over the chicken. Heat 1 tbsp oil in large frying pan, then brown the chicken for 3 mins on each side until golden.
- Lift the chicken out of the pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 mins until softened. Add the stock, honey, lemon juice and olives, return the chicken to the pan, then simmer for 10 mins until the sauce is syrupy and the chicken cooked.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp oil and season. Thickly slice each chicken breast and stir the coriander through the sauce. Serve the chicken and sauce over mash.
Use this recipe with our Low GI dietplans:
Get your App here: https://lindakriel.co.za/app-2-2/
We also have online plans if you don’t want to download the App.
The online plans are available for 6 months on our website.
Get your Fit & Fabulous online plan here: https://www.lindakrielfitness.co.za/product/fit-fabulous-plan/