Description of Exercises
- Cardio. Step or jog up and down the step:
Beginners (B) = Step up and down. Advanced(A) = fast jog up and down while pushing your arms upwards to increase your heart rate.
- Thighs. Plié: : For balance hold lightly onto a chair. Keep you feet wide apart. Stand on your toes – heals lifted. Turn your toes and knees so that they are pointed outward. Plie by bending your knees to almost 90 degree. Keep your back straight, tighten your abs and buttocks. Come up by straitening your knees. (B): Keep your feet flat on the ground.
- Hips. Sideway lifts: For balance hold lightly onto a chair or tabletop. Lift your leg sideways till hip height. Lower the leg. Repeat for 25 seconds with one leg. Turn around and repeat with other leg. (I): can use a light weight on the leg for extra resistance. (A): can use a heavier weight on the leg. (Place the weight on the outside of the thigh with your hand.)
- Cardio. Skipping rope: You can either do skipping rope or step up and down (exercise 1) or jog on the spot.
Description of exercises
5.Thighs, Legs & Hips. Squat & side lift: Squat with knees bent at a 90°angle, buttocks pushed backwards, so that your knees do not extend past your toes. Come upright and lift your leg sideways. Squat again and lift the other leg sideways.
6. Cardio. Jog/Walk on the spot: Beginners (B) = brisk walk on the spot. Intermediate (I) = jog on the spot with high knees. Advanced (A) = Run on the spot with high knees. Touch your hands with your knees.
7. Thighs. Backward lunge: Lunge backwards and keep the backward facing leg straight. The front leg is at a 90 degree angle. Touch the floor with your hand. Come upright and repeat with other leg.
8. Calfs: Stand on a step. Calf exercises work better on a step. To keep your baslance you can hold on to something lightly. Stand with your toes on the edge of the step. Drop your heals lower as the edge of the step and lift up for one repetition. Intermediate- and Advanced level: hold onto a heavy weight in one hand.