Be careful when using marinade as it is full of hidden sugars. This recipe is save to use on your chicken and meat for your next barbeque!
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
1 teaspoons curry powder
1 tablespoon fresh herbs, chopped
1 teaspoon xylitol
1 tablespoon dubble cream yoghurt or amasi or buttermilk
(On the Low GI use low fat yoghurt)
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter on low heat.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Let the flavours infuse for a minute or 2 before taking it of the heast and let it cool down.
- Use the marinade on your chicken portions, chops, steak or ribs when you barbeque or roast them.
- It is delisious on chicken wings when barbequed.
- There is only ± 10g carbohidrates in the marinade.
- This recipe I got from Low Carb is Lekker cookbook.
You can use this marinade on both my Low GI and Banting when having a barbeque.
Get the Low GI and Banting mealplans with exercises on the Linda Kriel Fitness App, click here: https://lindakriel.co.za/app-2-2/
Enjoy your barbeque!