Do you desire a fast metabolism?
Exercise increases your metabolism, which in turn increases your body’s ability to burn kilojoules, allowing you to enjoy your meals without putting on weight.
Immediately after a workout, your metabolism is faster due to energy being burned faster. The type, duration and intensity of the exercise will determine how much of an influence the activity has on your metabolism.
Using weights during your workout will ensure your metabolism remains faster for longer after you exercise in comparison with purely aerobic exercises. This is probably due to strength workouts increasing your adrenaline level, which causes your body to burn energy more quickly.
Some scientists believe that it may also be due to the fact that after strength workouts, muscle tissue uses a lot more energy during recovery than after an aerobic workout.
Circuit training is an excellent way to increase your metabolism and to burn a lot of energy. This involves short bursts of aerobic exercise (e.g. jogging on the spot) alternated with a few sets of strength exercises.
A quick circuit training program for you
- 4 Exercises
- 1 Set = Practice 50 seconds, rest 10 seconds
- Beginners: 2 sets
- Middle level: 4 sets
- Advanced: 6 sets
- Jog up and down steps. Beginners walk up and down.
- Backward lunges: Stand with your feet together; lunge backwards by taking a step back with your right leg, then bending it so that your right knee is about to touch the floor. Step forward to the starting position. Repeat with the left leg. Continue in this way.
- Side shuffle: Take 4 strides to the right and touch the floor with your fingers by bending your knees. Do not bend your back, but rather squat so you feel it in your thighs. Then take 4 strides to the left and touch the floor in the same way. Repeat.
- Plié with side lift: With your feet turned out so your toes point slightly to the sides, squat deeply by bending your knees whilst keeping your back upright, stomach tucked in and your hands behind your head. Straighten your knees to an upright body position and lift your one leg. Then bend sideways with your torso so that your elbow touches your lifted knee. Now squat deeply again and repeat with the other leg, bending to the side with the lifted knee.
On the LK FITNESS App, weekly circuit training (among other training programs) will help increase your metabolism.
Get your daily workouts and meal plans on the LK FITNESS App. Download the LK Fitness App
Stay fit & healthy