Burn fat and tone your muscles with one quick workout
The principle of this workout is to raise your heart rate for 45 to 60 seconds with high intensity aerobic exercise and then alternate it with a strength & toning exercise for 45 to 60 seconds without taking a break.
For a diet plan to go with it visit my online store by clicking here: Diet & Exercise Plans
Or click on the plans below this program.
YOUR CIRCUIT TRAINING PROGRAM (8/16/24 minutes):
You can do any of the following as high intensity exercises:
- Jog up and down the stairs. (Beginners walk briskly up and down the stairs.)
- Shuffle sideways: 4 gallops to the right, touch the ground, then gallop 4 steps to the left. Touch ground and repeat.
- Run on the spot with knees raised high. (Beginners do high knee raises whilst walking on the spot.)
This is how it works:
- There are 4 exercises that focus on problem areas, but between each one you will do one of the above-mentioned high intensity exercises for 45 sec.
- Start the set with a high intensity exercise.
- A set will take 8 minutes. Example: Skip 45 – 60 seconds; exercise 1 Reverse lunges 45 – 60 sec; Run on spot 45 – 60 sec; exercise 2 …etc.
- Try doing 1, 2 or 3 sets 3 times per week, depending on how much time you have.
- Rest for 1 minute after each set.
- Remember the golden rule: you have to go flat out in the High intensity interval.
Note: Before starting your workout, first warm up by jogging on the spot for 2 minutes. Rotate your shoulders and push your arms up and down. Then do some light stretches to warm up your hamstrings and quads.
1) Reverse lunges to target quads and glutes
With your left leg step backwards and keep it straightend . Your front leg is bent at 90 degree angle . Try to touch the floor with your hand. Come upright and then repeat by stepping to the back with your right leg. Intermediate & Advanced levels, try to make it more challenging, by holding dumbbells. Try to tap the dumbbell on the ground.
2) Hips, waist and glutes
Position your body so that you have your hands and knees on the floor. Put your left hand on your hip and lift your left leg to the side. Now raise your leg sideways and lower it until your toes lightly touch the floor. Lift and lower, lift and lower 15-20 times. Repeat on the right. Keep your abdominals contracted.
3) Push-ups for toned arms
These are push-ups with your hands close to one other. Keep your elbows near your body when you go down and push up. In this way, your triceps (back of upper arms) are targeted. Doing this variation of push-ups for 45 seconds can be very difficult. Do as much as you can and then get up and jog on the spot until your 45 seconds are done.
If you want to wear sleeveless blouses, shoulder exercises are a must. Hold two light dumbbells (1.5 or 2kg each), lift sidewards to shoulder height and lower again. See how many you can do in 45 seconds, focusing on good form and not speed.
Please visit my online store if you wish to purchase any of my diet plans or specialised exercise programs. Click here for the store: