Chicken with chorizo and black olives
This delicious chicken recipe is perfect for followers of all three LK Fitness meal plans, by adapting the choice of sides:
- Keto/Banting | cauli-mash
- Low GI and Mediterranean | basmati or brown rice
Now for the main event:
4 thigh and drumstick chicken portions
50ml olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 red pepper, sliced into 1 cm strips
1 yellow pepper, sliced into 1 cm strips
4 Spanish chorizo sausages, sliced
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
400g chopped tomatoes
250ml red wine
200g black olives, stoned
2 bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the chicken portions in an oven dish.
- Pour over the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast for about 20 minutes until browned.
- Reduce the temperature to 180°C.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and roast for another hour.
- Add more wine or water if the dish becomes too dry.
For other healthy and delicious recipes, download the LK Fitness App.
- Daily workouts for all levels of fitness, curated by fitness guru Linda Kriel.
- Daily meal plans and recipes for Keto/Banting, Low GI and Mediterranean diets.