Cauliflower Wraps (Banting or Low GI)
These wraps are delicious and you can chose any filling. These wraps are ideal, instead of bread as they contain no starch. If you follow any of my Banting meal plans you can add these wraps to your proteins.
If you follow my Low GI meal plan, use low-fat mayonnaise fillings and no cheese in the dough.
Click here if you want to get my Fit & Fabulous Plan with 21 day menu.
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and place baking sheets on 2 baking trays.
- Cut the cauliflower into pieces (flowers).
- Put the pieces of cauliflower in a food processor or use an electric stick blender and crumb until the cauliflower has a very fine texture (similar to couscous).
- Add the crumbs, and a quarter cup of water in a lidded pan and cook on medium heat for around 8 minutes until soft.
- Drain the cauliflower into a sieve and place it in a clean dish.
- Firmly squeeze any excess water from the cauliflower.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- With the “dough” form two circles on the baking sheet. Flatten to form a thin layer. Keep the “dough” compact and thick enough so as not to see the baking sheets through the dough.
- Bake in a oven for about 17 minutes until the dough is dry but pliable . Remove it carefully and allow it to cool on a cooling rack to prevent it from getting soggy. Fill with your favourite filling.
(Saartjie van Den Bergh says she puts a tablespoon of grated cheese in the “dough” so that the ingredients combine better. She also adds a little more curry powder than in the above recipe.)
Feel free to leave comments below to let me know if you’ve used this recipe and whether you have any other tips for making wraps.
Linda Kriel xxx