Banting seed crackers
I always have seed crackers in my cupboard. It is easy and quick to have these crackers instead of bread for lunch. Seed crackers are the perfect alternative to your standard bread crackers. You can also use the crackers for snacks or pre-drink canepe with your favorite full fat spread and sliced tomato and cucumber.
- 200g sunflower seeds
- 100g sesame seeds
- 60g flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons accumulated psyllium husk
- 500ml of water
- 1 teaspoon salt (You can replace salt with spices such as Chilli or Garlic and Herbs.)
- Preheat oven at 160°C.
- Mix all the ingredients together and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two parts and spread both on wax paper on an oven roasting pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, depending on your oven. If still not dry, place back in the oven for another 15 minutes, keeping an eye on the crackers so as to prevent burning.
The Linda Kriel Fitness App have more recipes and programs, get yours here: https://lindakriel.co.za/app-2-2/