Supermarket bought mayonnaise have seed oils like canola and sunflower ect in and is taboo on the Banting meal plan. Prepare your own healthy mayonnaise and keep to the meal plan. This mayo can be kept for up to a week in the fridge. See recipe below!
Get the Linda kriel fitness and healthy lifestyle App here: https://lindakriel.co.za/app-2-2/
This makes 400ml
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- the juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup good QUALITY olive oil
- 1 tablespoon double cream yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the eggs, mustard and lemon juice in a food processor or mix with your stick blender.
- Melt the coconut to its liquid form. However, do not overheat, otherwise it could curdle the
- Adjust the blender to a fast speed and slowly add the coconut and olive oil into the egg mixture.
- Once the oil and egg mixture is well blended, add the yoghurt plus salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe comes from Professor Tim Noakes’s book “The Real Meal Revolution.”