Baked apple with cinnamon and cream
Cinnamon baked apples is healthy and can be served hot or cold. You and your family will love this delicious breakfast or dessert with the smell of cinnamon.
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons erythritol or xylitol
- 125ml cream or full cream yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence 50g roasted almond flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Remove the apple stalk, without going right through. The bottom of the apple has to be intact. It needs to keep the sauce inside.
- Put the apple in a deep baking dish. Add one tablespoon butter in each apple. Add the erythritol or xylitol and cinnamon over each apple and bake 15-20 minute in oven until apples are soft.
- Mix the cream or yoghurt with the vanilla essence.
- Take the apples out of the oven and let it cool down.
- Serve with cream and almonds.
- Serves 2.
Download your own fitness and healthy lifestyle App here: https://lindakriel.co.za/app-2-2/
Stay healthy and fit!