KEEP YOUR HOLIDAY BODY IN TIP TOP SHAPE
To keep your body in tip top shape during the summer holidays, follow these few tips:
- Be more active, as one tends to eat and drink more. The more you eat, the more active you should be. You’re not supposed to put on any weight then.
- Exercise while you are playing with your children. For your buttocks and upper legs, do the following: Pull your child through the house, while he/she is lying on a small mat. You must be walking backwards with your knees bent almost at a 90° angle. This was one of my children’s (and my) favourites when they were little. If you don’t use your child for this exercise, use objects with a similar weight eg. bricks, that are as heavy.
- To tone your arms, use a towel. While standing comfortably, hold a towel behind your back, right hand just above your head and left hand close to where your buttocks begins. Both arms are bent and your elbows facing outwards. Pull upwards with your right arm until straight. Use the towel and your left arm as resistance as you hold the towel tighter. Now do the opposite by straightening your right arm downwards and bending your rightarm. Try doing 3 sets of 15, then swop arms.
4. Take walks while holding hand weights. If you don’t have weights, use canned food or water bottles and do exercises for your arms while walking.
5. If you have a step somewhere at home, it can be used for many exercises. To raise your heart rate, walk or jog up and down it for 1 minute, before doing your arm exercises with the cans, for another minute. Directly after that do exercises for your upper legs by standing on the step while lunging backwards with your left leg. Recover and then lunge backwards with your right leg. Continue for a minute. Repeat all 3 exercises 3 times.
6. Keep my detox water in the fridge:
Cut the following into thin slices adding it to 1.5 to 2 litres of water:
- Half a cucumber – has anti-inflammatory properties
- Half a lemon – helps get rid of toxins
- Half a grapefruit – it is said that grapefruit assists in fat burning. Other fruit, like strawberries, oranges, blueberries can also be used.
- A handful of mint – assists digestion.
7. Use the LINDA KRIEL FITNESS APP during the holidays. Even if you only do one exercise from the app per day. Get your family to join you as well.